Year 12 Induction Day
Moving into Sixth Form means adjusting to the demands of A Level specifications and for some of you, a new school. Here are some of the things that are in place to assist your transition to the Sixth Form:
- There is an Induction Programme for students to make the transition to the RGS Sixth Form as smooth as possible from an academic and pastoral perspective. This will include a Freshers’ Fayre (where students will be informed about RGS clubs and volunteering opportunities); an A Level study skills workshop; a team building morning and an inter-Form sports competition.
- A few hours of summer transition work has been prepared for you in each subject to assist you in the transition from GCSEs to A Levels in September. This should give you an idea of the level of the work required.
- The transition work and resources for wider reading by subject are also available via Dive Into A Levels section of this portal.
The timetable for the Year 12 Induction Day on 5th Sept is as follows:
- 9.00am - Year 12 students that are new to RGS, to meet in the Queen’s Hall for registration and School photographs
- 10.00am - All of Year 12 in the Queen’s Hall for Introductory talk and administration
- 10.15am - Year 12 final subject choice and new student and administration, Queen’s Hall
- 10.40am - Year 12 Induction Programme in Form Rooms
- 12.00pm - End of Induction Programme for existing students.
Year 12 students new to RGS to meet for lunch provided by the School. Induction Programme for Year 12 students new to RGS continues: biometric system sign in and tour of school site.
- 1.00pm - Q&A Year 12 students new to RGS meet in Upper Library
- 1.15pm - End of Induction Programme
Tuesday 6th September - For Students New to Year 12
Please note for new students to RGS, school IT logins and set up IDs will take place between 3.40pm - 5.00pm on Tuesday 6th September.