Sport (BTEC) & Physical Education
Our BTEC Sport course offers students the opportunity to be assessed via external exams, internal assignments and practical assessments. We teach beyond the syllabus by encouraging students to draw on their own sporting experiences and awareness of wider societal topics when completing their work or participating in vocational opportunities. This fuels a passion for the subject and prepares all students well for future study and the working world.
Year 12 Topics: Extended Certificate (1 A – Level)
- Anatomy & Physiology (External Exam).
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well – Being (External Exam).
- Professional Development (Internal Assignment & Vocational Experiences).
- Sports Leadership (Internal Assignment & Vocational Experiences).
Year 13 Topics: Foundation Diploma (1.5 A – Level)
- Sport Psychology (Internal Assignment).
- Application of Fitness Testing (Internal Assignment).
- Practical Sport Performance (Internal Assignment).