School Catering & Snacks
The Restaurant offers breakfast baps and pastries between 8.00-8.30am daily as well as a full cooked breakfast every Friday. During the week, we are open 11.40-12.10 for break and lunch 1.25-2.10.
- We also have a dedicated Sixth Form Café for Years 12-13, this area has WiFi and is a quiet and relaxed area for students to study. This is open all day and students can choose from a range of foods and drinks on offer.
- The Snack shack provides a selection of homemade hot food items including paninis, chicken wings and burgers. There are also several homemade sweet treats: cookies, brownies, muffins, flapjacks along with confectionary items such as chocolate bars and crisps. We also have cold drinks on offer in the snack shack.
Cucina are RGS’s appointed caterers to provide students, teachers, and staff with an exciting catering experience. Executive Chef, Jen Correy, and her catering team serve menus based on healthy ingredients, variety and lots of interesting new things to try.
All dishes are prepared every day using quality, fresh and seasonal ingredients that are responsibly sourced. Cucina want students to understand the importance of eating the right foods and to help them with their food and nutrition journey. Some of the dishes/items on offer are:
- A selection of 'grab and go' items including baguettes, paninis and salads.
- A variety of healthy, tasty main meals prepared from carefully selected ingredients. The menu will follow a similar weekly pattern so that your son knows what to expect, for example, a roast is served every Wednesday and fish and chips on a Friday.
- There is a ‘V’ range with lots of vegetarian and vegan choices to choose from including the V burger, vegetarian alternative main meal including homemade spring rolls and a quiche on roast dinner day.
- A salad bar with homemade healthy salads, all pre-boxed and ready to be collected.
- Theme days including Chinese New Year, American Drive-Thru, BBQ Beach Party, Harry Potter and Love British Food Fortnight.
Meal deals: The most popular meal deal is the Blue Dot meal deal for £2.50. Students can choose any 4 items (usually 85p each) displaying a blue dot sticker. Items include selected rolls, sandwiches, drinks, cakes, tray bakes and fruit bags. The Blue Dot meal deal is also available to students who have a FSM allowance.
Year 12 and 13 students are eligible for free school meals if they or their parents are receiving one of the qualifying benefits. If your son is eligible for free meals, he will still have to register his fingerprint to open the account. The free meal allowance will automatically be credited to his account although the allowance will not accumulate if it is not spent. For further information, parents should contact the Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to ensure that all students have access to a healthy nutritious meal and, with this in mind, we ask anyone with a Free School Meal allowance to select any 2 items including a hot main meal, pizza, salad box, panini or other nutritious snack plus either a hot pudding, fruit pot or freshly-made cake. If your son prefers, he can also choose to switch the pudding for a drink.
Biometric System and ParentPay: (New Students)
The School operates a Biometric Cashless System through ParentPay, which is used in the Canteen and School Shop. Your son will have his fingerprint registered on the first day of School if he is new to the Sixth Form.
In order to load money on to your son’s account, during the first week of term, you will receive a letter containing a unique username and password to activate your ParentPay account. This allows future payments for School meals to be made by credit or debit card. The balance will be shown each time the account is used to make a purchase to allow time to re-credit. You may request a printout of your son’s expenditure from the Catering Manager (also available on ParentPay). Whilst your son’s ParentPay account is set up, he can pay for lunch items via Apple Pay, Android Pay or bank card on the PDQ machine in the Restaurant or Sixth Form Café.