RGS Uniform / Online School Shop
Purchasing School Uniform and Sports Kit
Hawkinsport is the official supplier of our standard branded uniform and sports kit. To order please click here:
RGS School Shop (located in Resources)
Second-hand school uniforms are available from Resources. We have a comprehensive selection of good quality items for sale.
The RGS School Shop also provides stationery and memorabilia. If your son requires any small items of stationery such as a rubber/pencil/pens, these can be bought (cash only) from Resources. Other items can be purchased here using Parent Pay and collected from the Resources Department.
The School Shop raises essential income for the school; your support of this facility is greatly appreciated.
Students can come to the Resources to enquire about any lost property between 8:15am until the end of Form Time daily. We will return all named items either via the Form Tutor pigeon holes or ask boys to come and collect if the item is too large. All unnamed items are now being stored in the garage outside Resources. PLEASE ENSURE ALL YOUR SON'S PROPERTY IS NAMED!
New Year 7 Students
If you are a New Yr 7 parent, please contact or visit Hawkinsport at Wessex Industrial Estate in Bourne End 01494 819242
All boys are required to wear school uniform between leaving and arriving back home. The prescribed school uniform is as follows:
- Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Navy blue blazer with pocket badge
- Plain dark or 'school' grey trousers (not black, cotton, denim or cord)
- Plain white long sleeved shirt
- RGS Navy Blue jumper with logo (Optional)
- The appropriate school tie: (Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11)
- Black conventional leather shoes, not trainers or boots
- Plain grey or black socks
- Any outdoor coats must be of a sombre dark colour
- Scarves should be plain or RGS design
Indoor Sport Kit
- RGS PE shorts
- RGS PE t-Shirt
- White socks
- Training shoes with non-marking sole for indoor use.
Outdoor Sport Kit
- RGS Games shirt
- RGS Games shorts
- RGS Games socks
- Boots (NB boots should not be fitted with nylon studs – rubber or aluminium safety studs should be fitted which have the British Safety Standard kite mark on them)
- RGS tracksuit. Please note this is not a compulsory item, however no other type of tracksuit may be worn for lessons or sports team fixtures
- Outside training shoes for use on AWP/grass in the summer
- Indoor Sport Kit (see above) or Cricket whites
- Boys selected for school cricket teams will be expected to wear the RGS cricket kit.
- Navy swimming shorts. Knee length shorts are not permitted.
- Swimming cap
- White laboratory coat and safety glasses.
- A black, grey or dark blue suit
- Sixth Form or Prefect tie
- A white or pastel-coloured shirt, which is plain or striped
- A black, grey or dark blue V-neck pullover
- Scarves of RGS design or a single plain colour
- Black leather shoes (not trainers or boots)
- Socks of a plain dark colour or grey
There is no prescribed Games kit for Wednesday afternoon Games sessions although students are asked to be appropriately dressed for the activity they choose to do.
- Hair should be clean, tidy and in a seemly fashion, above the collar. Extreme hairstyles, hair with contrived patterns, colourings and unconventional shaving are not allowed.
- Students should be clean shaven
- Only a single plain stud in the lobe of one ear will be acceptable
IN EVERYONE’S INTERESTS, ALL UNIFORM AND PERSONAL POSSESSIONS MUST BE CLEARLY AND PERMANENTLY MARKED WITH YOUR SON’S NAME.
- Pen (written work to be done in ink pen or a good quality biro)
- Pencil and sharpener (with canister)
- A selection of coloured pencils
- Ruler (marked in cm and inches)
- Protractor/angle measure
- Casio FX-85GTplus calculator (as recommended by the Maths department),
- 16gb memory sticks,
- Safety Goggles
- Fives Gloves and ball
- Oxford School Geometry Maths Sets
- Stationery: biros, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, protractors, rulers and other basic items.