Purchasing School Uniform and Sports Kit
Hawkinsport is the official supplier of our standard branded uniform and sports kit. Please note: you must first pre-order a name stencil so Hawkinsport can process it in the shop while you wait. To order please click here:
RGS School Shop
The RGS School Shop provides second hand uniform, sports kit, stationery, memorabilia, snacks and refreshments. All purchases in the School Shop must be made using our cashless payment system. To rder please click here:
Donations of clean/good condition uniform and sports kit and equipment are welcomed. The School Shop raises essential income for the school; your support of this facility is greatly appreciated.
If you have any queries regarding uniform or other items please contact:
School Shop Tel: 01494 551412
Lost Property & Secondhand Clothing
Students can come to the School Shop to enquire about any lost property between 8:30am and 9:15am. purchases in the School Shop must be made using our cashless payment system.
DIRECTIONS TO SCHOOL SHOP - map
New Year 7 Uniform Fitting Day
The School Shop and our official suppliers, Hawkinsports will be holding the annual Uniform Fitting Day in the Queens Hall for all new Year 7's on Saturday 29th June 2019 between 10:00-16:00. Uniform, sports kit and stationery will be available to try on and purchase. Parents are encouraged to make use of this personal fitting day.
All purchases must be paid for by either cash, cheque, or card.
To book an Appointment for the Y7 Uniform Day - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note on-site parking will be limited. Drivers please park in Uplyme car park, opposite the school.
Refreshments will be available from The Parent Association.
If you are a New Yr 7 parent and are unable to make this date please contact or visit Hawkinsport at Wessex Industrial Estate in Bourne End 01494 819242
All boys are required to wear school uniform between leaving and arriving back home. The prescribed school uniform is as follows:
- Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Navy blue blazer with pocket badge
- Plain dark or 'school' grey trousers (not black, cotton, denim or cord)
- Plain white long sleeved shirt
- RGS Navy Blue jumper with logo
- The appropriate school tie: (Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11)
- Black conventional leather shoes, not trainers or boots
- Plain grey or black socks
- Any outdoor coats must be of a sombre dark colour
- Scarves should be plain or RGS design
Indoor Sport Kit
- Blue shorts
- Blue T-Shirt
- White socks
- Training shoes with non-marking sole for indoor use.
Outdoor Sport Kit
- RGS rugby shirt.
- Blue shorts.
- RGS rugby socks.
- Rugby/soccer boots (NB boots should not be fitted with nylon studs – rubber or aluminium safety studs should be fitted which have the British Safety Standard kite mark on them).
- RGS tracksuit. Please note this is not a compulsory item, however no other type of tracksuit may be worn for lessons or sports team fixtures.
- Outside training shoes for use on astroturf/grass in the summer
- Indoor Sport Kit (see above) or Cricket whites (available at School Shop).
- Boys selected for school cricket teams will be expected to wear the RGS cricket kit. Further details are available from the PE Department.
- Navy swimming shorts/trunks. Knee length shorts are not permitted.
- White laboratory coat and safety glasses.
- A black, grey or dark blue suit
- Sixth Form or Prefect tie
- A white or pastel-coloured shirt, which is plain or striped
- A black, grey or dark blue V-neck pullover
- Scarves of RGS design or a single plain colour
- Black leather shoes (not trainers or boots)
- Socks of a plain dark colour or grey
There is no prescribed Games kit for Wednesday afternoon Games sessions although students are asked to be appropriately dressed for the activity they choose to do.
- Hair should be clean, tidy and in a seemly fashion, above the collar. Extreme hairstyles, hair with contrived patterns, colourings and unconventional shaving are not allowed.
- Students should be clean shaven
- Only a single plain stud in the lobe of one ear will be acceptable
IN EVERYONE’S INTERESTS, ALL UNIFORM AND PERSONAL POSSESSIONS MUST BE CLEARLY AND PERMANENTLY MARKED WITH YOUR SON’S NAME.
- Pen (written work to be done in ink pen or a good quality biro)
- Pencil and sharpener (with canister)
- A selection of coloured pencils
- Ruler (marked in cm and inches)
- Protractor/angle measure
The School Shop also sells:
- Casio fx-83ES calculator (as recommended by the Maths department),
- 8gb and 16gb memory sticks,
- Safety Goggles
- Fives Gloves and ball
- Stationery: Parker Fountain pens, gel pens, biros, pencils, erasers, sharpener, protractors, rulers and other basic items.