Late Transfer Testing
The Royal Grammar School administers its own late transfer testing.
Admission to Year 8, 9 and 10 will be handled in accordance with the school’s Late Transfer Procedure. Please refer to our Admissions Policies (day & boarding) for full details, including the over subscription criteria.
The academic eligibility of students seeking admission under the school’s Late Transfer Procedure will be assessed through curriculum based tests in English and Mathematics. Students will be required to achieve a minimum standard in each of the tests in order to qualify.
We do not provide sample papers and advise that coaching or revision is not required.
Testing does not mean that there are places available, but allows the school to establish a waiting list of qualified students should a place become available. The test is valid for 12 months. Your son will need to sit the test in the next testing round to retain his place on the waiting list.
Late Transfer 2023
Registration for the 2023 annual testing round is now closed.
Late Transfer 2024
Details of the Late Transfer Procedure for admission in September 2024 can be found in the school’s Admissions Policies.
Timeline for Late Transfer 2024
- From 6 November 2023 - Parents can register their son online
- Friday 19 January 2024 - Closing date for submitting the online registration form and providing address evidence
- Confirmation of testing arrangements will be sent by email after the registration closing date.
- Thursday 1 February 2024 - Testing takes place at the school from 09:00
- Notification of results will be sent by email in April 2024
Please be aware that each year we receive a substantial number of students registering to take the test for a very small number of possible places for those who qualify. Therefore, many applicants will be disappointed.
Please direct enquires by email to firstname.lastname@example.org