Membership of the Governing Body
Governors are appointed to the Governing Body via a number of different means:
- Community Governors are appointed by the members of The Royal Grammar School Academy Trust.
- Co-opted Governors are appointed by the governing body of The Royal Grammar School.
- Foundation Governors are appointed by The Royal Grammar School Foundation
- Parent Governors are elected by the parent body of The Royal Grammar School.
- Staff Governors are elected by the staff of The Royal Grammar School.
Whatever their means of appointment, all governors have an equal voice and do not represent any particular group.
Much of the regular business of the school is considered by governors in specialist committees which take reports, analyse information, discuss the issues in detail and provide advice to the Headmaster and his staff. They meet each term and report back to Full Governing Body meetings with actions and recommendations.
- Governor Attendance at Meetings
- This information can be found in the Annual Accounts