Our ambitious, challenging, and stimulating BTEC Sport course develops knowledge and understanding of a range of factors that contribute to high-performance Sport.
We teach beyond the syllabus and encourage students to draw on their own sporting experiences when completing assessments or participating in inspiring vocational opportunities.
The course offers students the opportunity to complete external exams, internal assignments, and practical assessments. Many of our students progress to top universities to study sport related degrees as well as other non-sport related fields. Previous students have also transitioned into high-performance sporting environments to pursue a career in professional Sport.
BTEC Sport is an extremely enjoyable course that develops a wide range of interpersonal and academic skills which benefit all future education and employment.
The BTEC Sport course also provides students with a unique opportunity to work on our annual Year 7 Summer Camp held in August. Here students will gain paid experience leading sporting activities for the new students and a real-life insight into the world of Sports coaching and leadership.
Year 12 Topics: Extended Certificate (Equivalent UCAS points to 1 A – Level)
- Anatomy & Physiology (External Exam).
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport, and Well–Being (External Exam).
- Professional Development (Two Internal Assignments & Vocational Experiences).
- Sports Leadership (Two Internal Assignment & Vocational Experiences).
Students at the end of Year 12 have the option of applying for certification and not continuing into Year 13.
Year 13 Topics: Foundation Diploma (Equivalent UCAS points to 1.5 A – Level)
- Sport Psychology (Three Internal Assignments).
- Application of Fitness Testing (Two Internal Assignments).
- Practical Sports Performance (Two Internal Assignments).