Coronavirus Update Update Two
Preparation for Possible School Closure. School at Home Thursday for Year 9 to Year 13 inclusive on Thursday 19 March. Students in Year 7 and Year 8 to attend school.
School at home on Thursday 19 March for Year 9 to Year 13 inclusive
We are asking students in Years 9 to 13 inclusive to work from home.inorder to:
- Prepare students, the School and parents for a prolonged School at Home period
- Ensure our systems are working properly and to be aware of any issues that might crop up|
- Normalise the idea of being at home and focused on work
The following clear instructions have been given to your son to inform the way he works at home:
- School rules apply – work at home with the same structure and discipline and to the same high standard
- Stick to the school timetable. Take breaks at 1145 - 1215 and 1330 - 1425. Only talk to friends socially at these times
- Maybe work at home with one buddy, someone he will work well with WE ARE ASKING OUR STUDENTS FOR THEIR SUPPORT IN ENSURING THAT WE BEST PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY AND THEIR EDUCATION.
On Thursday we will be putting all work expected on SIMS ParentApp, but please note, if School is closed for an extended period, staff will not be able to access SIMS. We will therefore rely on parents to have open communication with their sons about work set on CloudBox, Teams and the VLE.
If your son is participating in the Maths Challenge on Thursday and wishes to come into complete this exam, he should see Mr Woolliams and we will ensure that he can still participate.
We are putting FAQs for students on CloudBox, so please ask your son to ensure his password is working. On Friday we will be taking feedback about their experience working from home - what worked, what didn’t, and why so that we can plan accordingly.
Students in Year 7 and Year 8 to attend school on Thursday 19 March
Students in Year 7 and Year 8. We appreciate how difficult it might be for parents to organise care for their son in these year groups at such short notice. We are, therefore, expecting all students in these 2-year groups to be in School, with all the resources they require for a normal School day.