Welcome to the School Shop webpage, since September 2009 the Royal Grammar School has been supplying uniform, stationery and memorabilia from our on-site shop. We have found that by selling these items in-house we can offer a convenient location, a personal service, and are able to keep prices at competitive and affordable rates.
RGS SCHOOL SHOP and HAWKINSPORT (Bourne End) are the official suppliers of our standard branded uniform and sports kit (ie. all clothing with our current logo). Parents are strongly advised not to purchase embroidered uniform or sports kit from other retailers, unless purchasing specific sports "TEAM" kit, recommended by our Sports Staff. The School cannot be held responsible for purchases outside these recommended suppliers (colours, price and styles may differ from our current official uniform and kit).
LOST PROPERTY / UNIFORM ORDERS
Parents can purchase Blazers, Ties, Lab Coats and other items such as stationery or memorabilia by using Credit/Debit card payment via our Parent Pay link. Please bring your receipt when collecting uniform.
For SPORTS KIT order please use the link to the HAWKINSPORT SPORTS KIT website. Please note: you must first pre-order a name stencil so Hawkinsport can process it in the shop while you wait.
Students can collect their orders each day between 8:30am and 9:15am. Please bring your receipt..
The School Shop can be opened during the school holidays.
Please call to make a convenient appointment between 8:30 - 11:30 (Tue/Wed/Thu)
School Shop Tel: 01494 551412
RGS YEAR TIES
Years 9 and Year 11 will wear the current tie.
Year 8 and Year 10 will need to purchase a tie with the new RGS logo.
Ties will be ready to collect from the RGS School Shop on Tuesday 28, Wednesday 29, Thursday 30 August, and from Monday 3 September onward.
UNIFORM/MEMORABILIA ORDERS - ORDERS CAN BE PLACED USING OUR PARENT PAY SYSTEM.
Your son can collect ordered items between 8:30am - 9:15am, Please bring a copy of the receipt as proof of payment.
The School Shop raises essential income for the school, your support of this facility is greatly appreciated.
During Lunch and Break times the School Shop is only open to students, we sell cold drinks and snacks. We also stock a good supply of stationery items including calculators, USB sticks and tennis balls and memorabilia.
All snack or drink purchases in the School Shop must be made using our cashless payment system.
Parent Pay, Debit/Credit Card, Cheque are accepted, payable to RGS or Royal Grammar School , Cash
DIRECTIONS TO SCHOOL SHOP - map
We obviously hope you will be delighted with the products you order, however, if for any reason you are not happy with your purchase then please contact us within 48 hours of receipt and return the item(s) in their original condition and packaging within 14 days. We will be pleased to exchange or give you a full refund whichever you would prefer once the items have been returned to us. Please note that the items MUST be returned in their original packaging and condition for us to offer a full refund. Orders that are made to your specification and/or personalised can not be cancelled once you have placed it and no refunds can be offered.
NEW YEAR 7 - UNIFORM FITTING DAY
The School Shop and our official suppliers, Hawkinsports will be holding the annual Uniform Fitting Day in the Queens Hall for all new Year 7's on Saturday 30th June 2018 between 10:00-16:00. Uniform, sports kit and stationery will be available to try on and purchase. Parents are encouraged to make use of this personal fitting day.
All purchases must be paid for by either cash, cheque, or card.
To book an Appointment for the Y7 Uniform Day - email@example.com
Please note on-site parking will be limited. Drivers please park in Uplyme car park, opposite the school.
Refreshments will be available from The Parent Association.
If you are a New Yr 7 parent and are unable to make this date please contact or visit Hawkinsport at Wessex Industrial Estate in Bourne End 01494 819242
All boys are required to wear school uniform between leaving and arriving back home. The prescribed school uniform is as follows:
- Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Navy blue blazer with pocket badge
- Plain dark or 'school' grey trousers (not black, cotton, denim or cord)
- Plain white long sleeved shirt
- RGS Navy Blue jumper with logo
- The appropriate school tie: (Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11)
- Black conventional leather shoes, not trainers or boots
- Plain grey or black socks
- Any outdoor coats must be of a sombre dark colour
- Scarves should be plain or RGS design
Indoor Sport Kit
- Blue shorts
- Blue T-Shirt
- White socks
- White training shoes.
Outdoor Sport Kit
- Reversible maroon/striped RGS rugby shirt.
- Blue shorts.
- RGS rugby socks.
- Rugby/soccer boots (NB boots should not be fitted with nylon studs – rubber or aluminium safety studs should be fitted which have the British Safety Standard kite mark on them).
- RGS tracksuit. Please note this is not a compulsory item, however no other type of tracksuit may be worn for lessons or sports team fixtures.
- Indoor Sport Kit (see above) or Cricket whites (available at School Shop).
- Boys selected for school cricket teams will be expected to wear the RGS cricket kit. Further details are available from the PE Department.
- Navy swimming shorts/trunks. Knee length shorts are not permitted.
- White laboratory coat and safety glasses.
- Dark blue blazer or plain dark grey suit
- Plain dark grey trousers (not cotton, denim or cord)
- Plain/checked/striped shirt of sober hue and colour
- Plain dark coloured v-necked pullover or RGS pullover
- Sixth Form or Prefects’ tie
- Black leather shoes
- Plain grey or black socks
- Any outdoor coats must be of a dark colour
- Scarves should be plain or RGS design
- Hair should be clean, tidy and in a seemly fashion, above the collar. Extreme hairstyles, hair with contrived patterns, colourings and unconventional shaving are not allowed.
- Students should be clean shaven
- Only a single plain stud in the lobe of one ear will be acceptable
IN EVERYONE’S INTERESTS, ALL UNIFORM AND PERSONAL POSSESSIONS MUST BE CLEARLY AND PERMANENTLY MARKED WITH YOUR SON’S NAME.
- Pen (written work to be done in ink pen or a good quality biro)
- Pencil and sharpener (with canister)
- A selection of coloured pencils
- Ruler (marked in cm and inches)
- Protractor/angle measure
The School Shop also sells:
- Casio fx-83ES calculator (as recommended by the Maths department),
- 8gb and 16gb memory sticks,
- Safety Goggles
- Fives Gloves and ball
- Stationery: Parker Fountain pens, gel pens, biros, pencils, erasers, sharpener, protractors, rulers and other basic items.
Donations of clean/good condition uniform and sports kit/equipment are always appreciated. The School Shop raises essential income for the school; your support of this facility is therefore greatly appreciated.
The School Shop has a selection of second hand uniform; sports kit & equipment.
Please call to check the stock levels of the required items.