. Sub Menu

weekly Menu and Promotions

What's on the menu this week?

Day Menu: week 24/04//17 - 30/04/17

Evening Menu: week 24/04/17 - 30/04/17

Food to the boarder is probably the most important element of boarding:

If students dislike the food within a boarding house it is very likely that they will be unhappy. It is also essential that the students get a healthy balanced diet and then students begin to make the correct choices as they get older.

At Fraser Youens we are proud that the catering firm that we use are Award Winning Caterers.

It is essential that boarders get a fair say in terms of Catering and Food within boarding and therefore we have a Food Council that meets with the Head of Catering and chefs regularly. Students therefore have direct input into the food that is being offered in Fraser Youens and an opportunity to suggest which dishes are most popular.

See below for some quotes from our current boarders…

Harry J (Weekly Boarder)  There’s always plenty of it and the food is really tasty and there's lots of it. Best meal for me is when we have pancakes for breakfast.’

Luke C (Full Boarder) ‘There’s always two choices and a salad bar as well. Best meal of the week for me is Ribs on a Friday night.’

Cameron L (Weekly Boarder) ‘There’s pretty much always something you like. Best meal for me is Thai Green Curry’

Rahat C  (Full Boarder) ‘I’ve just joined RGS (three weeks in) and compared to my old school the food in boarding is much better. Favourite meal so far: Fajitas.’

Ollie W (Weekly Boarder) ‘There’s a wide range of food and it’s really sociable across different years.  My favourite meal is Spaghetti Bolognese.’

Close