CEIAG Visitor Booking Procedure

As part of our commitment to informing our pupils of the full range of learning and training routes on offer to them, we are happy to consider requests from training providers, vocational education and apprenticeship providers to speak to students and will also approach these partners ourselves when planning organising key Careers events throughout the school year.

In the first instance, providers wishing to speak with students should consult our calendar of Careers events, published on the school website under Careers Education at RGS, as we would welcome their input at our main Careers events throughout the school year.

These events provide ample opportunities to speak to students and parents both individually and in groups to offer information on vocational, technical and apprenticeship routes. These are usually held in the Queen’s Hall and timings, facilities and parking and registration details are emailed to exhibitors in good time before the event. Enquires about these events can made to our careers lead at the email address below. We also have a number of whole year group assembly slots which offer providers a short opportunity to quickly spread the word about their offer. These are 10 minutes slots to a whole year group of around 200 students in our main assembly hall which has a whiteboard projector and speakers for sound. These are usually on offer through the early part of the Autumn and Spring terms as, at other times, our halls are used for exams and so assemblies do not take place. If you are a provider and would like to enquire on the availability of assembly slots please complete our CEIAG visitor booking form and email our careers lead.

If a provider is unable to attend these events or feels that their presentation needs require different circumstances or that they are hosting an event they wish to promote, in the first instance they should contact the careers lead.

The CEIAG visitor booking form asks for the role of the training, vocational or apprenticeship provider you represent, the aim of the presentation, if the request is for an assembly slot, the number of students the presentation or session is designed for, the length of the talk or presentation, the target year group for the session or presentation, what display or other facilities the session would require, how many provider staff (and names of staff) that will be visiting and what support from school staff you would require on the day. If the email is notification of an event at an off site venue, please include timings of the day, a list of other invited schools and providers, any accessible funding streams for transport costs and a visit risk assessment of the venue.

All requests should be emailed at least 6 weeks (a school half term) in advance an expected date for the planned session. All requests will be given due consideration by the careers lead and Senior Team. Requests will only be refused if:

• they impinge on students’ preparation for public or internal exams

• they clash with other school events such as visits, other speakers, well-being days, school photographs, sports days, public or internal exams, parents’ communication events etc

• the school is unable to provide staff to support the presentation or talk due to previous commitments

• rooming for the talk or event is unable to be found due to timetabling clashes

Responses to requests will come from the careers lead. For requests that are approved, we will provide clear instructions before the event on visitor parking, visitor registration, a contact member of staff and their contact details, the teaching room or school hall to be used at the session and the presentation facilities this space offers.

As part of RGS’s wider CEIAG policy, the range of careers provision for students is reported every academic year to the school’s Governors, Senior Team and Headteacher (next review June 2019). If you have questions regarding this or our wider CEIAG policy document please do not hesitate to contact our careers lead through Reception: Email:las@rgshw.com Telephone: 01494 524955 Fax: 01494 551410

Close